My office is a big fan of treats, so several weeks before Valentine’s Day, I decided that I was going to make a little Valentine’s Day treat for my coworkers. I found this great recipe on Pinterest and it really proved that age old saying that opposites attract. The combination of salty and sweet brings a great flavor balance and is sure to draw in all taste preferences.
What you need:
- Square pretzels
- Hershey’s Hugs (Because the Hugs are a combination of milk and white chocolate, they add a bit more color to the dessert and according to the original recipe, they soften up better)
- Plain M&Ms (I opted for Valentine’s Day themed M&Ms, but any bag will do)
- Preheat the oven to 200
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper (Be sure not to skip this step like me; it causes some difficulties later on)
- Place the pretzels on the paper and top them with the Hugs
- Put in the oven for 4-5 minutes (you will want the Hugs to retain their shape, but still be soft)
- Carefully place the M&M in the center of the Hug and press it down to spread the chocolate
- Stick the treats in the fridge to harden (I left mine overnight, but 30 minutes should do the trick)
This recipe was so easy and such a hit in the office. It’s sure to be one that I make again and again.
If you want the original recipe, click here.